How to Fix Fatal Error Displays During HP Software Installation in Windows?
A Fatal Error displays during HP software installation (Windows) is caused when a user’s computer does not have capability to recognize its printer driver. These kind of technical issues are also termed as ‘MSI errors” that usually come with a four-digit numbered code (e.g. Error 1068, 1155, 1303, 1305, 1311, 1316, 1331, 1335 or 1706 displays & Error MSI.DOT4wrp, MSI.MSI_BPD_Scan, 2203, or 2753 displays). Well, the exact text of this error message varies from system to system. Our HP expert team has penned down a blog below on how to Fix Fatal Error Displays During HP Software Installation is being done.
Steps to Fix Fatal Error Displays During HP Software Installation in Windows
When someone is prompted to connect a USB cable at the time of software installation, make sure to make use of the Device Manager to select an appropriate printer driver manually. Following all the below described steps to Fix Fatal Error Displays During HP Software Installation, users are advised to open its Device Manager option. Next, they need to select the printer driver to complete further software installation phase accurately.
Step 1: Working with the Windows Taskbar
- In the “Windows taskbar”, just click on “Windows” icon and then navigate to “Control Panel’ section. The Windows Control Panel will open automatically next
- Click on the “System and Maintenance” icon and then tap on “Device Manager” button.
- Users can easily get access to “Device Manager” window next
Step 2: Drop Down Menu
- Tap on “View” icon and select the “Show hidden devices” which is located towards drop-down menu. You will be able to view a list which will be displayed in the “Device Manager” window.
- Next, users need to click on the “plus sign” to expand your Printer’s listing. From the listing section, just right-click on the “HP Universal printing PCL_5 (or PCL_6 depending on the version)” and then hit on “Update Driver Software” option to get it displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Update Driver Software Screen
- From the “Update Driver Software” screen, click on “Browse my computer for driver software” icon and then hit the “Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer” message. You will get to see the “Add Printer Wizard screen”
- From the “Add Printer Wizard” screen, selection of the printer driver from a given list is recommended and then click “Next” icon. The driver installation process will now begin.
- Click on “close” icon to close the Update Driver Software window first. The original software installer window will get displayed automatically and next, your software installation will continue to perform its task.
- At last, click on “finish” icon to end up the process
I hope you problem has been solved as expected. If it is not yet done then, do get in touch with us at HP Customer Support toll-free number +1-800-528-7430 to overcome with your problem.