How To Fix Windows Black Screen of Death (BkSoD) Error?
The Windows Black Screen of Death (BkSoD) error happens after users have logged into the device screen where the screen will turn blank or black in just a mouse click by interacting with exactly nothing. At this point of time, the operating system will simply load the shell. According to HP Technical Support specialists, if however, the shell which needs to be loaded has been set to something different or the shell even itself has been corrupted and damaged then it will the case where loading anything will turn a huge problem with users. But our technicians have found a promising solution to this issue and here it goes.
Steps to Fix Windows Black Screen of Death (BkSoD) Error in HP Laptops:
Step 1: ACL permissions
- Correction of all the ACL permissions of the desired key to the default permissions is a necessary step as suggested by HP Tech Support
Step 2: Working with the REG_SZ String Shell
- Recreation of the REG_SZ string known as shell features and set it to the exe files.
- Users are requested to put back the exe file by simply executing the sfc /scan now if it is broken unexpectedly.
Step 3: Installation mode
- In case, if users can’t get access to the CTRL+ALT+DEL option or to the Safe Mode, they will need to have start from the installation process:
- Insertion of the installation medium is required and get to the recovery mode section but be careful not to recover things
- Get started with the command line.
- In case users wish to manually adjust all the registry changes, then start working with the reedit option and then load the hives in the following section:
- In case one wishes to automatically fix this issue, execute the following two commands:
- sfc /scannow to fix the system files, which will put exe back to its accurate place.
- exe is the tool to be downloaded from the PrevX section, which will fix the registry.
- Make sure that you have tried to upgrade all the available graphics drivers, because one may not have access to the mouse cursor at all.
So as of now your HP laptop issue has been solved completely. But we encourage users to get in touch with our expert team at HP Laptop Customer Support department if faced with any kind of issue.